Thursday, January 31

Family Bake-Off!

The kids know that I watch baking shows on Netflix after they go to bed.  They were thrilled when I recently let them join me in watching an international cooking competition.  Thus was born their dream: to host their own bake-off... between Mommy and Daddy!
The kids challenged us to bake an apple dessert.  Our eldest videotaped, I edited, and for your viewing pleasure, here is the Winter Family's edition of The Great Family Bake-Off!!!
Feel free to pause your typical couch potato routine to join us for an evening of baking, some laughs, and ultimately, a baking CHAMPION! 
(Who will it be!? I won't spoil it for you.)
Two cooks in the kitchen along with boisterous children made for a lively baking environment. 
 I enjoyed trying out some techniques I've admired in my baking shows.
The kids were thrilled to be judges and EAT all of these DESSERTS!
 Chef Mommy made an upside-down apple cake.
 Ta-Da!
 Chef Daddy made an apple crisp (or a "crisp-crisp" with a hint of apple, as he put it).
 What a fun night we had!
Watch our video to see who won :)

No comments:

Post a Comment